Our Client, one of the Midwest’s most respected hospitality companies, which specializes in Full-Service Custom Catering seeks an elite Catering Services Director to drive creativity and operations during a period of significant growth over the next decade. We are searching for that rare talented hospitality manager who is driven by delivering consistently excellent results while motivating the team as an inspirational leader with entrepreneurial spirit.
The Catering Service Director will be responsible for the execution and cultivation of both social and corporate clients. The Catering Service Director will work directly with clients on events as well as being involved in the local community to develop long lasting business relationships.
Additionally, the Catering Service Director will be responsible for inventory, help in controlling costs of goods, guest relations, and training and the development of their team. If you enjoy going to off-site social, fund raising, TV and promotional opportunities this will be an added plus.
The IDEAL candidates must have these traits:
• Upscale luxury hospitality experience with a chef driven restaurant, catering company or hotel property noted for its innovative and approachable cuisine
• You are the liaison between the client and the organization, you have a taking care of business attitude for your client and the organization
• Ability to be able to work with your team, ensuring flawless events
• Outgoing and professional demeanor – you exceed the guest’s expectations and feel comfortable interacting with them
• Proven leadership skills – you are a coach, mentor and teacher who respects everyone on your team
• Adaptable – you remain calm, you are focused and take direction from your superiors
• Hospitable – you are warm, approachable and hospitable to everyone at all times
• Hands on leader – you have the "do-whatever-it-takes" attitude to provide an exceptional customer experience
The RIGHT candidates must have these qualifications:
• At least three to five years of restaurant management and catering experience in an upscale hospitality environment
• Ability to be able to recruit, schedule and help staff the events and parties
• Above average computer skills including POS systems, spreadsheets, word processing, internet, email and social media
• Ability to represent the company to and deal effectively with guests, vendors, media and other company contacts
• Strong communications skills, including ability to convey ideas, give and take feedback
• An Associate or bachelor’s degree is a plus or at least be able to prove you have learned as much
The Catering Service Director will receive a competitive salary with bonus, benefits, and opportunities for advancement. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates should contact Ed Culleeney, Executive Recruiter, SHS or CLICK HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.