Well-funded by a consortium of billionaires, a Chicago-based cutting-edge company is on a mission to positively impact people and the global food supply. The discoveries made by their team of scientists are ground-breaking, and the impact to come is long-term. Helmed by a proven CEO with years of successful CPG experience, teams of best-in-class professionals have been assembled in biotechnology, marketing, and every other area necessary for success. They have FDA approval, and are ready to move from their incubation space to a 35,000 square foot facility with a 2,000 square foot product development kitchen lab.
Our agency has been retained by this company to recruit a Research & Development Chef (R&D Chef) who will create and optimize the flavor, texture and presentation of their products. The R&D Chef will work closely with product development and marketing teams to ensure product lines are appealing and on-trend. This is a rare opportunity to work with a “dream team” in a fast-moving entrepreneurial context.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have the following:
· AOS, Culinary Arts or BS, Food Science (both is a major plus), or the equivalent in accreditation and experience
· At least two years of experience in commercial food product development
· Successful experience working in high-performance cross-functional teams with product development, marketing, manufacturing/production, and quality assurance
· Superior relational and interpersonal skills for presenting to clients, media, and investors
· A team attitude, realizing that decisions are made in a cross-functional context
· A scientific mind, tirelessly striving for the right answer and for the best-possible solution
· Self-motivation with the ability to work alone and in groups
· Proven ability to use resources and knowledge to accurately predict flavor trends
· Experience developing products in the beverage space a plus (on top of food development experience)
· Experience in culinary operations at finer restaurants, hotels, or caterers is a plus but not required
· Excellent references from the reputable companies where you have added value and maintained good relationships
· You get up every day wanting to make the world a better place
The R&D Chef will enjoy a competitive salary, 100% paid employee benefits, and participation in the employee stock ownership program (ESOP).
Confidentiality assured. EOE. Local candidates or candidates very easily relocated to Chicago strongly preferred.