Proven Sous Chef with Strong Fundamental Skills
Our client, a nationally recognized restaurant group, is seeking a driven, motivated Sous Chef for one of their concepts in Chicago. The position involves handling all aspects of the back of the house for a high-volume restaurant, including opening/closing, menu creation input, inventory, and managing hourly employees. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a well-established, systems-driven organization that seeks to develop top talent and advance their careers.
Qualified candidates with a dependable work history will have the following experience and abilities:
- The ability to perform all of the back of house operations for a high-volume restaurant including purchasing, scheduling, controlling expenses and managing inventories.
- 2-5 years of experience running a systems-driven upscale or fine dining restaurant. Steak or seafood experience preferred.
- Minimum high school diploma with an associate's or bachelor's degree culinary preferred.
- Able to effectively communicate with seasoned employees, motivate and engage their subordinates
- Extensive knowledge of health code regulations and best practices to ensure a clean, safe work environment.
This position includes a competitive base salary, bonus potential and other top notch benefits. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates please send your resume and reference to Ed Culleeney, Executive Recruiter, SHS or CLICK HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.