Our client is seeking to add a General Manager as they expand their popular concept into the Nashville market. They are faced paced, high volume and high quality full service restaurants with a significant bar business.
Leading a team of 6 managers and over 70 employees in a high volume environment, the General Manager will be responsible and accountable for opening a new location for this already popular concept. As General Manager you must have a guest focus, ensuring satisfaction and contributing to the relaxed, very social environment. You are team oriented, committed to training and developing employees at all levels. You understand that attention to detailed management systems keep the operation running smoothly and ensure profitability. The General Manager needs to be passionate and an engaging representative of the company and a dedicated team builder who encourages autonomy.
- The General Manager is accountable for all functions of dining room operations including but not limited to the following:
- Mentor outstanding guest service through deeds and actions
- A “hands-on” leadership approach with a majority of the work time being spent in the restaurants driving improvement
- Counsel and coach effective leadership and time management
- Initiate opportunities for on-going professional education and development for managers
- Coach and support subordinate managers on unit level sales building and marketing initiatives
- Being known for outstanding training, accepting nothing short of complete and thorough follow through with all training tools
- Ensure the daily procedures and disciplines of shift management are adhered to by all management
- Ensure both employee and manager schedules are strategically sound and meet company guidelines
- Maintain a perfect facility, adhere to all safety and sanitation guidelines
- Relentlessly recruit and employ the type of individuals that will deliver great performance
- Cultivate a truly dynamic culinary culture that engages all management, front and back, to constantly develop and improve our food
- Challenge employees and management at all levels to develop ideas to improve the Restaurant experience and exceed guests’ expectations
- Ensure location exceeds sales and profitability targets
- Continually teach and offer analysis of unit P&Ls to achieve a thorough understanding of financials by all subordinate management.
- The RIGHT candidates must have these qualifications and personality characteristics:
- A true passion for food, wine and mixology trends
- Experience with new unit openings
- The ability to lead in a high stress environment without ever compromising on the necessity to treat all team members with courtesy, dignity and respect
- Experience within polished casual or fine dining concepts
- High energy with a thorough focus on detail
- Personal characteristics that include humility, business maturity, integrity, self-confidence, resilience, creativity, collaborative influencing style and superior communication skills (both verbal and written)
- A great sense of humor
- Natural team building skills
- High intellect, analytical capability, strong computer skills and acute business acumen
- Bachelor degree or higher is viewed as highly favorable
This position includes a competitive base salary plus bonus potential. They also offer subsidized medical care options plus other benefits and perks. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates please apply at www.shs.jobs or send your resume to Richard Ladd, Executive Recruiter, SHS by CLICKING HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to partner with our clients throughout the US to create cultures of excellence and to enhance the careers of our candidates. SHS provides expert talent acquisition and consulting services, empowering clients to develop a more aligned work environment resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. To learn why hospitality leaders and entrepreneurs call on SHS When Talent Matters Most, visit www.shs.jobs.