We are seeking a General Manager/Director of Operations for a Contemporary Upscale Concept and overseeing an additional casual concept. This North Shore location offers an affordable regional menu with honest, local, and simple preparations. It is the responsibility of the General Manage/D.O. to oversee these two concepts with the intention to step into a multi-unit role upon the opening of two new concepts at the end of the year. The GM/D.O. is responsible for ensuring excellence is given to all guests by leading a “service focused” team by example with professionalism and pride.
The General Manager/D.O. is accountable for all functions of dining room operations including but not limited to the following:
• Taking 100% ownership of dining room operations with a daily “in the trenches” approach to service
• Being hospitable, warm and approached to everyone at all times
• Being able to resolve conflict and guest complaints in a professional, diplomatic and empathetic manner turning negative situations into positive outcomes
• Hiring, training and schedule all FOH staff
• Creating a culture of learning for staff and instilling the importance of the restaurant’s’ commitment to local sustainable agriculture.
• At least 4-5 years of restaurant management experience in a chef-driven restaurant with both upscale casual and fine dining environments.
• Has opened both casual and upscale restaurants during their career
• Working knowledge of restaurant financials, and the ability to manage costs and expenses, achieving all budgeted goals
• Ability to recruit, schedule, train and inspire staff
• Above average computer skills including POS systems, scheduling systems, spreadsheets, word processing, internet and email
• Ability to represent the company to and deal effectively with guests, vendors, media, and other company contacts
• High volume Management experience with a chef driven, scratch kitchen concept with a carry-out and delivery program knowledge a big plus
• Culinary – you are just at home in the back of the house, you have the knowledge and passion for food as if you were a Chef, could play the role if possible, but instinctively know you belong in the front of the house
• Outgoing and professional demeanor – you exceed the guests’ expectations and feel comfortable interacting with them – you are the “GM of the PM” a quasi Maitre’d
• Strong Organization skills, working effectively with your hourly and management staff members
• Adaptable – you remain calm, you are focused and can influence and make changes quickly
• Hands on individual – you have the “do-whatever-it-takes” attitude to provide an exceptional customer experience
• Business Acumen – you have background and understanding of budgeting, P & L management, labor, food and beverage costs and operational expenses
• Marketing – Thorough knowledge of all thing’s social media, brand marketing and advertising
The General Manager/D.O. will enjoy a compensation and benefits package in addition to a competitive base salary. Once familiar with the two concepts and additional responsibilities of opening the two new concepts their will be profit-sharing in addition to base salary. Only candidates whose resumes clearly demonstrate the set of requirements listed above will be contacted. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates, please send your resume and reference to Ed Culleeney, Executive Recruiter at Strategic Hospitality Search by CLICKING HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.