Our client is opening a new “fine casual” Italian restaurant – a high-quality Chef-driven concept in a beautifully-appointed rustic space with casual elegance. The menu will be simple, the food will be flavorful, the bar program will be hip, and the ambience and service one of casual hospitality.
We are seeking an Executive Chef who has front-of-house experience to take over as Executive Chef/General Manager within one year of opening. There are growth opportunities down the road with this ambitious organization.
Candidates with the following attributes will be considered:
· Genuine passion for hospitality and guest service with uncompromising standards
· At least five years of full-service kitchen management experience with at least two years as Executive Chef
· Complete comprehension of all aspects of kitchen operations
· Proven business acumen to drive sales and profits through effective staff leadership, cost controls (especially labor and food), staffing, purchasing, inventory management, and menu engineering
· Experience in Italian cuisine using high-quality ingredients in uncomplicated preparations yielding flavorful and artfully-presented dishes
· Experience with Neapolitan-style pizza a plus
· Superior communication skills with a positive, energetic demeanor
· Ability to create and execute effective culinary training and development programs
· Hands-on leadership – working the line during peak hours keeping staff out of the weeds and training by example
· Ability to use Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel) and use the POS system to generate reports that help plan prep, specials, and make menu changes that will maximize profitability
· Culinary degree a plus but not required
The Executive Chef will enjoy a competitive base salary and benefits package. This is a ground-floor opportunity with what will become a high-quality restaurant group. Qualified candidates should send their resume and references to Joseph D’Alessandro at Strategic Hospitality Search by applying online or CLICKING HERE.