Our Client one of the largest Health Care Facilities nationwide is seeking a Hospitality Driven Director of Dining Services. This position provides nutrition, dining and hospitality consultative and training services to communities based upon state requirements and company needs. This position provides detailed reports to the Director of Dining regarding the dining experience, food service, food quality, resident satisfaction, kitchen sanitation, food safety, kitchen equipment, and structure.
This role requires a strong individual contributor who assists with menu creation, menu management, and product procurement. A team player who participates in resolution of dining & nutrition customer concerns as needed. This individual must be knowledgeable to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy consulting for at-risk residents.
Responsibilities required for the position are:
· Maintains current and strong knowledge base of regulations and current practices related to dining services/hospitality and resident nutrition.
· Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes sound recommendations based on state regulations, quality metrics and company policies and procedures. Collaborates with community, regional, divisional and Support Center leadership to develop plans for improvement for more effective and efficient dining experience
· Evaluates programs, meal preparation and resident dining experience and service, and related documentation during visits to communities. Provides direction and guidance regarding standards, budgets, and regulatory compliance. Works closely with regional team members to support company processes.
· Maintains, updates and implements policies and procedures.
· Troubleshoots and problem solves operational, staffing, and training issues related to dining services, and recommends changes, solutions, and modifications in all relevant areas.
· Participates in quality reviews, performance improvement teams, and surveys as requested. Assists team members to develop and monitor corrective action plans and/or plans of correction related to Dining Services.
· Train and coach community level staff in dining and nutrition related areas to promote excellent service delivery and presentation within budget.
· Participates in community, regional, divisional, and Support Center meetings, conference calls, and educational programs as required.
· Ensures that all OSHA and safety standards are followed, as applicable to the position, in accordance with state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures.
Required Qualifications for the position are:
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in dining or hospitality
· Multi-facility experience in healthcare or hospitality
· Availability for 40-50% of travel required
· Serve Safe certification required
· The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred
· The ideal candidate will uphold the principles of our mission; to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities
· Serve safe certification training preferred
· Service oriented style with professionalism
· Actively express compassion for residents, staff, and guests
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and embrace change
· Maintain humility
· Engage others in fun and creative activities
· Strive for excellence in all aspects of the job
· Work with integrity in all interactions
This Director of Dining Servies will enjoy a competitive base salary, quantified bonus incentive package, and other additional benefits. QUALIFED AND MOTIVATED candidates please send your resume to Edward Culleeney, Executive Recruiter, Strategic Hospitality Search by CLICKING HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.