Our Client is a neighborhood favorite featuring an approachable and affordable menu with honest, local and simple preparations. This restaurant is frequented by local residents in a renovated landmark space with a quaint suburban setting. They currently desire to hire a new Chef that will manage all back of house operations, will be an effective and respected mentor to their staff, knowledgeable in all aspects of food and labor costs, and a process oriented individual. This individual needs to be driven by delivering consistent excellent results while motivating the team as the “go to” leader who has untapped entrepreneurial spirit.
You will report directly to the Owner/Operator with a great background in systems driven and well respected restaurant groups. This restaurant has quickly become the local favorite and they are already expanding after only a few years in business. There is an opportunity to step on-board early in the process while there is growth potential.
Qualified candidates will possess a career history marked with proven success, especially in the below listed areas of skill, expertise, attitude and behavior:
• Culinary skills – You are an expert in fundamental techniques with experience in a variety of European cuisines a definite plus
• You are passionate about the industry, truly enjoy what they do for a living, likes to explore other restaurants/food venues, and stays abreast of Food, Wine and Liquor Trends
• Expertise in Kitchen administration including; purchasing, costing, scheduling, controlling expenses, budgeting, and conducting inventories
• At least 5 years’ experience in a full service, casual dining restaurant environment
• Flexibility that stems from the belief of valuing the team’s success before your personal motives
• Always able to stay calm under pressure and make good decisions in the heat of the moment
• Consistently use clear and concise communication with a willingness to give direction and be able to jump in and help at a moment’s notice
• Pride of ownership in your team, your end product, and your service
• A leadership style that is one of a coach, an advocate, and a teacher who respects everyone
• You have a culinary degree or can at least prove you have learned as much
This position includes a competitive salary and bonus potential. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates please send your resume and references to Edward Culleeney, Executive Recruiter, at SHS by CLICKING HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.