Our Client is a neighborhood favorite featuring an approachable and affordable menu with honest, local and simple preparations. This restaurant is frequented by local residents in a renovated landmark space with a quaint suburban setting. The successful Chef will manage all back of house operations, will be an effective and respected mentor to their staff, knowledgeable in all aspects of food and labor costs, and a process oriented individual. This individual needs to be driven by delivering consistent excellent results while motivating the team as the “go to” leader who has untapped entrepreneurial spirit.
You will report directly to the Owner/Operator with a great background in systems driven well respected restaurant groups. This restaurant has quickly become the local favorite and he is already expanding after only a few years in business. There is an opportunity to step on-board early in the process while there is growth potential and possible partnership in the future.
Qualified candidates will possess a career history marked with proven success, especially in the below listed areas of skill, expertise, attitude and behavior:
• Culinary skills – You are an expert in fundamental technique with experience in Italian Cuisine a plus
• You are passionate about the industry, truly enjoy what they do for a living, likes to explore other restaurants/food venues, and stays abreast of Food, Wine and Liquor Trends
• Expertise in Kitchen administration including; purchasing, costing, scheduling, controlling expenses, budgeting, and conducting inventories
• At least 5 years’ experience in a full service, casual dining restaurant environment
• Flexibility that stems from the belief of valuing the team’s success before your personal motives
• Always able to stay calm under pressure and make good decisions in the heat of the moment
• Consistently use clear and concise communication with a willingness to give direction and be able to jump in and help at a moment’s notice
• Pride of ownership in your team, your end product, and your service
• A leadership style that is one of a coach, an advocate, and a teacher who respects everyone
• You have a culinary degree or can at least prove you have learned as much
This position includes a competitive salary, with benefits and bonus potential. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates please send your resume and references to Edward Culleeney, Executive Recruiter, at SHS by CLICKING HERE.