Our client, one of the top caterers in Chicago, is growing and seeks a Chef de Cuisine. We’re seeking an innovative, versatile and creative culinarian who is also a compassionate and communicative LEADER.
Qualified candidates will have the following qualities and attributes:
· At least two years of culinary management experience in high-quality and high-volume off-premise catering
· At least five years of total management experience in high-quality F&B operations
· Stable career and excellent references
· Leadership with the ability to see the “big picture” of company goals and also the ability to achieve those goals while elevating the professionalism of the culinary staff (technical skills and soft skills)
· Enhancing the quality and service of the company, and adding value to all other departments of the company
· Production expertise to organize and execute events up to 2,000 guests
· Appreciation for and contemporary use of software and technology including but not limited to: Caterease or CaterExpert (experience preferred), Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Outlook, Word)
· Advanced financial management skills directly related to: Overall profitability of the business, Kitchen labor, Food cost, Equipment and wares expenses, Other kitchen-related expenses (sanitation, chemicals, transportation, etc.)
· Ability to create and develop menus based on seasonal ingredients
· Comprehension of contemporary American cuisine
· Comprehension of classical cuisine and world cuisine
· Ability to apply contemporary and classical culinary styles using modern sensitivities (such as dietary restrictions, allergen sensitivity, gluten free, vegan) in catering and casual restaurant settings
· Training skills to educate and/or develop catering cooks and sales staff
There are excellent career growth opportunities as well as benefits including Blue Cross medical, dental, vision; 401K, PTO, and more. There is an incentive bonus on top of a very competitive salary.