Baker/ Pastry Chef
Well known-growing restaurant group seeks a creative Baker/ Pastry Chef to help manage all aspects of the bakery and pastry program.This company has set the standard for award winning concepts and needs a skilled and creative professional to keep their scratch cakes, pastry, and baking magnificent.
The Baker/ Pastry Chef will provide exceptional quality for various locations. Supporting and building the pastry team is a priority, while working under a collaborative, well rounded, award winning Chef mentor who will teach and guide you to be a talented leader.
Qualified candidates will have a career history marked by proven success especially in the following areas of skill, expertise, attitude and behavior:
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in pastry kitchen supervision in a hotel, upscale casual restaurants, catering, or high-volume upscale bakery operations
· Associate's Degree or Accredited Certificate in the Culinary Arts with an emphasis on Baking and Pastry Arts
· Proficiency creating “show-stopping” pastries and baked goods that deliver on taste, texture, and presentation
· Expert basic techniques such as mousse, ganache, sweet doughs, cupcakes, ice cream, sorbet, brittle, and some chocolate confection skills
· Be on point with all current trends and techniques that are relevant with pastry and baking
· Good communicator, hands on manager, with the ability to perform all tasks assigned
· Help promote a fun environment where everyone gets along and respects one another
· Ability to step up and effectively manage your staff and work with other Chefs
· Strong collaboration skills with projects, ideas, and new techniques
· A good eye for quality and the ability to teach, guide, and motivate your team to produce with consistent quality excellence
· Proficient time management skills and a sense of urgency when needed
The Baker/ Pastry Chef will receive a competitive salary with a full complement of benefits. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates should contact Ed Culleeney, Executive Recruiter at SHS by CLICKING HERE.