Restaurant Manager – Exclusive Private Club
# JN -032017-1710
Chicago Metro Area, Illinois
One of Chicago’s most revered private clubs is seeking a polished, hands-on leader to manage their busy ala carte dining operation. With a contemporary bar program and fine wine cellar, the front-of-house is challenged to complement the Executive Chef’s seasonally-changing menu and attention to every culinary detail. This is a rare opportunity to work with a dedicated hospitality team to continue or begin your career in private clubs.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
· At least three years of management experience in an upscale restaurant or upscale hotel food and beverage department
· Passion for superior a la carte service
· Warm and hospitable demeanor, recognizing members and family by name and remembering their specific preferences
· Leadership and communication skills that compel staff to align to achieve goals and department mission
· Proven success training and developing a staff of 20+
· Experience handling and serving rare and fine wines a plus but not required
· Private Club experience a plus but not required
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day a la carte operations within main dining room and private dining spaces
- Leadership presence during peak service times
- Partner with Executive Chef to successfully coordinate flawless service
- Recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, training, and developing FOH staff of 30+ bartenders, servers, and bussers
- Maintaining an impeccably sanitary and safe facility
- Ordering, inventory, and ability to achieve budgeted labor, beverage, paper, and wares expenses
The candidate selected can expect a competitive starting base salary, excellent full package with low monthly contribution, 401(k) that vests after one year, and work-life balance better than a traditional restaurant. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates please send your resume and references to Cherryl Marcey, Account Executive, Strategic Hospitality Search, by CLICKING HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.