Pastry Chef Assistant for D.C. Area Full Service Custom Caterer
# JN -012017-1689
Washington-Arlington-Alexandria Metro Area, District of Columbia
Our Client a Premier and Well Respected Special Events Company seeks a creative Assistant Pastry Chef to help manage all aspects of pastry operations. This company has set the standards for elegant and innovative events for over 20 years, and needs a skilled and creative professional to keep their scratch cake, pastry, and baking production at their already high level of customer satisfaction, or with your talent take it up a notch. The Pastry Chef is highly creative and welcomes input and collaboration with new techniques and ideas.
The Assistant Pastry Chef will provide exceptional quality for both on and off premise events. Supporting and building the pastry team is a priority, while working under a collaborative, well rounded, passionate Pastry Chef mentor who will teach and guide you to be a talented leader.
Qualified candidates will have a career history marked by proven success especially in the following areas of skill, expertise, attitude and behavior:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in pastry kitchen supervision in a hotel, fine dining, catering, or high volume upscale bakery operation
- Associate's Degree or Accredited Certificate in the Culinary Arts with an emphasis on Baking and Pastry Arts
- Proficiency creating “show-stopping” occasion cake concepts that deliver on taste, texture, and presentation
- Cake skills must include decorating, fondant work, gum paste flowers, ribbon work, piping skills, stabilizing, stacking, and a variety of piping and frosting techniques
- Expert basic techniques such as mousse, ganache, sweet doughs, cupcakes, ice cream, sorbet, brittle, some chocolate confection skills, decorating shortbread cookies, and good knife skills
- Be on point with all current trends and techniques that are relevant with pastry and baking
- Good communicator, hands on manager, with the ability to perform all tasks assigned
- Help promote a fun environment where everyone gets along and respects one another
- Ability to step up and effectively manage when the Pastry Chef is not in the kitchen
- Strong collaboration skills with projects, ideas, and new techniques
- A good eye for quality and the ability to teach, guide, and motivate your team to produce with consistent quality and excellence
- Proficient time management skills and a sense of urgency when needed
The Assistant Pastry Chef will receive a competitive salary with a full complement of benefits. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates should contact Ed Culleeney, Executive Recruiter at SHS by CLICKING HERE.
Strategic Hospitality Search provides expert recruiting services for successful restaurant, hotel, casino, catering, food service, sports entertainment, club, healthcare, and senior living operators throughout the US. Our recruiters deliver talent unobtainable through conventional recruitment practices. We have proven effectiveness conducting tailored executive, management, and culinary searches, matching top professionals with client cultures to optimize their creativity and productivity. In fact, 97% of our corporate clients are so pleased with our service that they call upon our hospitality recruiters again and again for executives, management staff, and chefs.