We are looking for passionate Chefs and Managers with a fine dining or 4-5 Star property pedigree, who are looking to move from the kitchen or dining room and into a professional sales position with one of the most respected food manufacturers and distributors in the US. Our client is not one of those huge broad line companies, but a boutique distributor of high quality products you can be proud of. If you also have a few years in a sales position, selling an artisanal product and had prior restaurant experience your resume will be guaranteed to receive our immediate attention.
If you can honestly say “yes” to most of the following attributes, then we should talk soon…
- Are you a bona-fide “Foodie” who keeps up with the latest food trends?
- Is your industry knowledge strong enough to relate to cutting-edge chefs?
- Are you energetic, entrepreneurial, tenacious, and passionate about exquisite food?
- Are you a self-motivated achiever?
- Are you the Chef or G.M. who has grown tired of working long weekend hours and every holiday?
- Do you want to apply your culinary and operations knowledge to benefit your personal financial situation?
- If you have a salesperson spirit, can walk in back doors and talk with anyone to get the sale we need to talk
- If you have any sales experience in your background, you immediately jump to the head of the list
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Selling to hotels, clubs, and restaurants in the AAA Three to Five Diamond status
- Developing leads by analyzing which Chefs are buying which products, and using that information to create consultative sales presentations to top Chefs
- Establishing rapport with existing accounts and building relationships with new accounts
- Following trends and industry news in order to stay relevant and relatable
- Using excellent communication skills and attention to details
- Being enthusiastic, creative, and tenacious without being overbearing
We want to talk with Chefs and G.M.s who have experience working directly with and relating to top Chefs, at least five years of management experience in upscale operations, a BS/BA in Hospitality or an AOS in Culinary Arts, the strategic ability to build a knowledge base of the leading Philadelphia restaurants, their management, menus and customers to professionally approach them with well thought out solutions for their businesses.
Our client recognizes people as its most valuable asset. The competitive compensation and benefits package includes base salary, attainable bonus package, 401(k), healthcare coverage, car allowance, paid holidays and paid vacations.Are you looking for some, ME TIME in 2018?
This is a rare opportunity. Don’t let the door close before you apply. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED individuals please contact Ed Culleeney, Executive Recruiter at SHS or simply just CLICK HERE..
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.