Our Client, one of Chicago’s most respected hospitality companies, which specializes in superior guest satisfaction, seeks a young creative Sous Chef to successfully run a busy location. We are searching for that rare talented culinarian who is driven by delivering consistently excellent results while motivating the team as an inspirational leader with entrepreneurial spirit. This is the chance to work with a well known and talented Chef mentor, to take this concept into growth mode. If you are looking to get in on the ground floor of a quickly growing fun and exciting concept this is your opportunity.
This position requires a highly organized, detail-oriented professional with a true heart for hospitality. Qualified candidates will have a career history marked by proven success, especially in the following areas of skill, expertise, attitude and behavior:
- Superior hands-on culinary skills rooted in the fundamentals with experience in Upscale Casual Concepts and a background in various Southeast Asian Cuisines a plus.
- Expertise in kitchen administration (purchasing, costing, scheduling, controlling expenses, budgeting, inventory, etc.)
- Ability to help engineer menus from conception to implementation, consciously maximizing usage of all food purchased
- At least five (5) years of experience in a high volume restaurant operation.
- Executive-level cross-functional team experience – willingness to hold back your creativity and ability to learn the brand first and foremost is key
- Flexibility that stems from core values that value the team’s success before satisfying your personal motives
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and make good decisions in the heat of the moment
- Consistently use clear, concise communication with a willingness to give direction
- Pride of ownership in your team, your food and your service
- Happy-to-be-alive disposition with a leadership style that is one of a coach, advocate, a teacher who respects everyone
- Culinary degree preferred, or equivalent background and skills to back it up
The Sous Chef will enjoy a competitive base salary, quantified bonus incentive package, and a full complement of benefits. This is a rare opportunity to work with a seasoned leadership team to take an already-thriving business to new levels of success. QUALIFiED AND MOTIVATED candidates please send your résumé and references to Edward Culleeney, Executive Recruiter, Strategic Hospitality Search by CLICKING HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.