Our Client is a growing restaurant and tavern group that will be opening a brand new concept this fall. They are searching for a strong and adaptable Sous Chef for a high-volume location in the Chicago market.
The successful Sous Chef will support the chef in the management of all back of house operations. He or she will be an effective and respected mentor to their staff, knowledgeable in all aspects of food and labor costs, and a systems oriented individual. This individual needs to be driven by delivering consistent excellent results while motivating the team as the “go to” leader who has untapped entrepreneurial spirit.
Qualified candidates will possess a career history marked with proven success, especially in the below listed areas of skill, expertise, attitude and behavior:
- Culinary skills rooted in the fundamentals with a strong background and knowledge of scratch kitchen operations
- Passionate about the industry, what they do for a living, explore other restaurants and food venues, stays abreast of Food, Wine and Liquor Trends
- Expertise in Kitchen management including; purchasing, costing, scheduling, production assignment and conducting inventories
- At least 3 years’ experience in full service, high volume restaurant environment
- Always able to stay calm under pressure and make good decisions in the heat of the moment
- Consistently use clear and concise communication with a willingness to give direction and be able to jump in and help at a moment’s notice
- Pride of ownership in your team, your end product, and your service
- A leadership style that is one of a coach, an advocate, and a teacher who respects everyone
You have a culinary degree or can at least prove you have learned as much
This position includes a competitive base salary, an attainable bonus program, and 100% PAID HEALTHCARE INSURANCE, plus other benefits and perks. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates please apply at www.shs.jobs or send your resume to Richard Ladd, Executive Recruiter, SHS by CLICKING HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to partner with our clients throughout the US to create cultures of excellence and to enhance the careers of our candidates. SHS provides expert talent acquisition and consulting services, empowering clients to develop a more aligned work environment resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. To learn why hospitality leaders and entrepreneurs call on SHS When Talent Matters Most, visit www.shs.jobs.