Our client known for their casual yet refined concepts and exceptional retail experience is seeking an outgoing and passionate Sous Chef to help oversee Back of House operations of this high volume location. The Sous Chef will be responsible for developing staff and maintaining the highest quality product at all times. The Sous Chef will report to the Executive Chef and will be held accountable for prep and execution of all meal periods, delegation, assisting with staffing, ordering, inventory and budgeting of controllables.
The RIGHT candidates must possess these traits:
- Culinary – strong knowledge of a Chef Driven, Scratch Kitchen Concept with locally sourced ingredients
- Techniques – you are an expert in fundamental techniques, have a great palette, you are creative and have an understanding or proper recipes
- Passionate about the industry, you explore other restaurants, and food venues, stay abreast of food wine and liquor trends
- Leadership skills – you are a coach, teacher, the “go to guy or gal” when your subordinates need help
- Systems driven – you have knowledge, appreciate and can rely on the systems and remain calm
- Accountability – you have pride of ownership in your product, your team and your end result
- Background – you have 5 years kitchen management experience behind you
- Education – you have a degree in culinary arts or can prove you learned as much
- Adaptability – you take direction from higher management and remain humble
The Sous Chef will enjoy a competitive base salary, and other top notch benefits. QUALIFiED AND MOTIVATED candidates please send your resume and references to Ed Culleeney, Executive Recruiter SHS or CLICK HERE
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.