We are seeking an upscale casual Restaurant Manager for one of the most respected, chef driven restaurants in the northern suburbs of Chicago. It is the responsibility of the Restaurant Manager to ensure service excellence to all guests by leading a “guest-obsessed” team by example with professionalism.
The Restaurant Manager is accountable for all functions of dining room operations including but not limited to the following:
· Taking 100% ownership of dining room operations with a daily “in the trenches” approach to service
· Being hospitable, warm, and approachable to everyone at all times
· Mastering comprehension and service execution of menus and wine lists, personally ensuring that ordering and delivery are perfectly timed
· Being able to resolve conflict and guest complaints in a professional, diplomatic, and empathetic manner with the ability to turn negative situations into positive outcomes
· Hiring, training, and scheduling all FOH staff
· Creating a culture of learning for new staff and instilling the importance of the restaurants’ commitment to creativity and local sustainable agriculture
· On a daily basis, arriving with ample time before the shift begins to check in with the staff and ensure mise en place for service
· At least 5 years of restaurant management experience in a chef-driven upscale dining environment
· Ability to recruit, schedule, train and inspire staff
· Ability to deal effectively with guests
· Ability to work cooperatively in a team-oriented setting, including ability to lead independently in areas of responsibility
· Demonstrated planning, administrative, organizational and time management skill
· Strong communication skills, including ability to convey ideas, give and take feedback
· Working knowledge of labor and beverage cost controls financials, and the ability to effectively manage costs and expenses, achieving company margin and profit goals
The Restaurant Manager will enjoy a strong bonus and benefits package in addition to a competitive base salary. Only candidates whose resumes clearly demonstrate the rare set of requirements listed above will be contacted.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to partner with our clients throughout the US to create cultures of excellence and to enhance the careers of our candidates. SHS provides expert talent acquisition and consulting services, empowering clients to develop a more aligned work environment resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. To learn why hospitality leaders and entrepreneurs call on SHS When Talent Matters Most, visit www.shs.jobs.