Our client a nationally recognized restaurant company applauded for their skills in concept development is growing quickly, with the addition of new restaurants. They are seeking a conscientious, resourceful, and engaging individual with the ability to work well with many different types of people.
The Restaurant Accountant will have the responsibilities of handling the accounting for a group of restaurants and will report to the Senior Accountant and the Accounting Team.
The Right candidates will have proven skills and experience in the following critical accounting areas:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, will also consider a previous manager in the industry who has transitioned into an accounting role presently
• Prior bookkeeping and general ledger experience are preferred
• Knowledge of computerized accounting systems & Microsoft Office software, specifically: Great Plains, Compeat and Excel
• This position will assist accounting team with intercompany payable and receivables, internal billings and AP/AR aging
• Maintain vendor files, including follow up with vendors on annual documents for specified restaurants and the companies home office
• Process invoices on a weekly basis and cutting electronic checks in the computer system
• Audit and review A/P statements from vendors for accuracy, determine payment due dates based on agreed upon terms
• Assist accounting team with daily and monthly accounting activities for assigned entities.
• Record monthly activity related to fixed asset transactions, assist with periodic tax payments and reports including sales and property taxes for assigned entities
• Willingness to learn new PO/AP systems as the company continues to integrate new technology
The Right candidates will possess these traits and characteristics
• A true dedication to the position, with a willingness to learn and expand your knowledge
• A multi tasker able to handle your duties and take an additional responsibility if necessary
• Intelligence in a common-sense kind of way. You must be smart enough to apply your financial knowledge to the actual business units. You are not just an accountant putting in numbers
• Honest, trustworthy and sincere – you are quick to admit mistakes, you are honest with yourself, introspective and humble
• Self-directed – you take initiative, you focus on results, you act like a leader and you don’t wait to be told – you are passionate about what you do, proud of yourself and how your work is important to the mission and goals of the company
• You have good communication skills, you are a good listener, and able to resolve conflicts through effective communication
• You are gracious, fun to be around, friendly, and a hospitable individual
• Organization – you follow through, you are thorough, you pay attention to detail and you are well versed with time management
If you are looking to grow with a winning company in the exciting hospitality field this position is for you. The Junior Account with enjoy a competitive base salary, health insurance, 401k and PTO. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates please send your resume to Ed Culleeney, at SHS by CLICKING HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.