Are you a person who can wear multiple hats, is not concerned about getting your hands dirty, and can multi-task and solve challenging problems as well as create the systems necessary to move things forward? Can you think unconventionally, coming up with out-of-the-box solutions to the multitude of everyday problems that will undoubtedly arise? Well then this is the position that you will strive in.
This Trail Blazing Company is growing quickly, expanding their facility and implementing new systems to help achieve their growth plans.
The role of Purchasing Manager will analyze inventory levels and determine the best metrics to use to provide the most accurate representation of the forecast. This person will work with other departments, primarily Purchasing, to determine optimal inventory levels.
- Essential DutiesPrepare reports to monitor forecasts and sales data accurately and analyze sales trends
- Communicate and interact with sales staff to gather and analyze pertinent sales trending information and communicate inventory issues such as backorders or overstocked SKU’s
- Develop and evaluate all forecasts depending on statistical modeling and marketing strategies
- Analyze and interpret all sales and forecast date to create Purchase Requirements to corporate purchasing department for fulfillment
- Coordinate with corporate purchasing, vendor logistics, and inventory teams to complete all order deliveries from suppliers
- Perform regular analysis on inventory levels, with various metrics including business seasonality and inventory turnover to determine forecast presentation with accuracy
- Assist to prepare inventory reduction initiatives for assigned product lines
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred buy not required.
- Industry relevant experience and dealing with highly perishable items is key.
- Sound working knowledge of strategic purchasing principles, materials management and end to end supply chains
- Comprehensive knowledge of ERP system is a plus and knowledge of MRP is a bonus
- Ability to manage multiple varied projects simultaneously while meeting timelines required
- Cope with all manners of conflict, stress and crisis situations
- Think unconventionally and come up with solutions to existing problems
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to build a sustainable business case for a proposed solution
- Demonstrated excellence in working in a team environment with successful collaboration
This company offers a very competitive salary, with top notch beneftis and bonus potential. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates, send your confidential resume right away to Ed Culleeney, Executive Recruiter, SHS or CLICK HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.