Are you a person who can wear multiple hats, is not concerned about getting your hands dirty, and can multi-task and solve challenging problems as well as create the systems necessary to move things forward? Can you think unconventionally, coming up with out-of-the-box solutions to the multitude of everyday problems that will undoubtedly arise? Well then this is the position that you will strive in.
This company is one of the leading purveyors of meat, game, poultry, sausages, and high end artisinal food. They are dedicated to natural, organic products, and have built their reputation on the highest quality products – and are recognized and highly respected by chefs and consumers alike as a first class company.
The role of General Manager will be to execute all aspects of this busy warehouse, to create the operational foundation necessary for rapid growth in the market and to ultimately manage the division and its full capacity.
- Develop, execute and maintain purchasing, receiving, warehousing and distribution operations and systems by establishing plans, budgets and performance metrics.
- Envisions strategic logistical, operational and procurement growth plans, presents assumptions and recommends objectives.
- Maintains quality of service and product by consistently and effectively enforcing organization standards.
- Assists in the development, executions and communication of sales strategies based on operational logistical and procurement parameters.
- Facilitates and coordinates off-site corporate support, including accounting, credit, logistics, purchasing and Human Resources.
- Recruits, selects, orients, trains, coaches, counsels, schedules and disciplines new staff; communicates values, strategies, and objectives; assigns accountabilities; plans monitors and appraises job results.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or industry relevant experience
- Someone who is passionate about exquisite food, you are a big "foodie" so to speak, and you are all about quality assurance
- Ability to manage multiple varied projects simultaneously while meeting timelines required
- Cope with all manners of conflict, stress and crisis situations
- Think unconventionally and come up with solutions to existing problems and someone who has a strategic vision that this company grows and takes on new challenges
- Ability to work with a highly perishable product, makes it imperative the GM works hand and hand with the VP of Operations, and the sales team to insure seamless coordination of product sales, logistics and warehouse inventory is part of their past work history and background.
- Cohesively gel with the existing staff and be in the learning mode- always looking to learn, asking questions and finding new solutions to problems
This company offers a very competitive salary, with top notch PPO medical/dental, vision and 401k. Only candidates whose resumes clearly demonstrate the rare set of requirements listed above will be contacted. Please send your resume and references to Ed Culleeney, Executive Recruiter at Strategic Hospitality Search by CLICKING HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.