Our client is seeking a well-rounded, creative problem solver with high business acumen who is all about great service and exceeding the guest’s needs. The AGM/Beverage Manager will oversee all aspects of this high end restaurant concept. Candidates should have a working knowledge of both front and back of the house controls as well as a strong knowledge of operations. The AGM/Beverage Manager will oversee all front of house staff, assisting Chef and Owner’s with back of house logistics, occasional projects, spread sheets, Budgets and P&L background, and also have experience in building strong guest relationships. The AGM Beverage Manager will be held accountable for COG’s, inventory, labor costs, training and maintaining service standards.
The RIGHT candidates must have these traits:
- Management experience with a chef driven, scratch kitchen concept, a high end steakhouse background is a plus
- Beverage Programs – you keep abreast of all the trends, know your cocktails, brands, local beers and have a good knowledge of wine
- Culinary – you are just at home in the back of the house, you have the knowledge and passion for food as if you were a Chef, could play the role if possible, but instinctively know you belong operating with a strong front of house mind set
- Outgoing and professional demeanor – you exceed the guests expectations and feel comfortable interacting with them – you are the “GM of the PM” a quasi Maitre’d
- Strong Organization skills, working effectively with your hourly staff members
- Adaptable – you remain calm, you are focused and can influence and make changes quickly
- Hands on individual – you have the “do-whatever-it-takes” attitude to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Experience – you have 3-5 years restaurant experience in front of house operations
- Business Acumen – you have background and understanding of budgeting, P & L management, labor, food and beverage costs and operational expenses
- Marketing – Have a working knowledge of all things social media, brand marketing and advertising
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – You run the operation as if it were your own
This position includes a competitive base salary, benefits and great growth potential. . QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates please send your resume and reference to Ed Culleeney, Executive Recruiter, SHS or CLICK HERE
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.