Our Client a well-known and respected restaurant located in the northern suburbs is seeking a strong adaptable Kitchen Manager for their fast-casual concept.
The successful Kitchen Manager will manage all back of house operations, will be an effective and respected mentor to their staff, knowledgeable in all aspects of food and labor costs, and a process oriented individual. This individual needs to be driven by delivering consistent excellent results while motivating the team as the “go to” leader who has untapped entrepreneurial spirit.
Qualified candidates will possess a career history marked with proven success, especially in the below listed areas of skill, expertise, attitude and behavior:
· Culinary skills rooted in the fundamentals with a strong background and knowledge of scratch kitchen operations
· Passionate about the industry, what they do for a living, explore other restaurants and food venues, stays abreast of Food, Wine and Liquor Trends
· Expertise in Kitchen administration including; purchasing, costing, scheduling, controlling expenses, budgeting, and conducting inventories
· At least 3 years’ experience in full service, high volume casual and fast-casual restaurant environments
· Executive –level cross functional team experience
· Flexibility that stems from the belief of valuing the team’s success before your personal motives
· Always able to stay calm under pressure and make good decisions in the heat of the moment
· Consistently use clear and concise communication with a willingness to give direction and be able to jump in and help at a moment’s notice
· Pride of ownership in your team, your end product, and your service
· A leadership style that is one of a coach, an advocate, and a teacher who respects everyone
· You have a culinary degree or can at least prove you have learned as much
This position includes a competitive salary, good benefits, bonus potential and vacation. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates please send your resume and references to Edward Culleeney, Executive Recruiter, SHS by CLICKING HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.