Our client, one of Chicago's most respected multi-concept operators, is seeking an innovative GM/F&B Director too take the helm of a $10 Million operation. The restaurant does over 1,500 covers per week, with a $100+PPA at dinner, with an innovative menu. The culture in the restaurant is excellent, with a staff of over 100 employees, and this position will also oversee additional outlets within this boutique hotel property.
Primarily, we are looking for candidates who are highly functioning in the follow four areas:
- HOSPITABLE – They must be humble, honest, and genuinely care for their team. They must be open minded, and flexible and true servant leader. It is more about how this person presents themselves to their team, their staff and their guests. Warm and approachable to everyone at all times
- LEADERSHIP – No temper tantrums allowed. The GM will work with a high-functioning well-seasoned staff that is receptive to mentor ship. We are looking for a well-balanced leader who knows when to be on the floor, when to be in the office, and one who cares for their staff. They must lead with empathy and compassion. They need to take care of their team first and foremost.
- ORGANIZATION – Running a James Beard Recognized restaurant, numerous events, and communicating effectively with five Chefs and 50 back of house staffers in addition to a 40 person front of house team requires a GM who knows the business to greater and greater levels of excellence.
- FINANCIAL ACUMEN – A GM who needs to know how to deliver a memorable experience to every guest while driving profits. A keen understanding of how to lead a high volume restaurant operation while managing labor, food, and other costs is critical to success.
There are many details in the official job description, and those will be covered with qualified candidates that are selected to interview.
Qualified candidates will have the following in their experience:
- Ability to functionally step into the role and "hit the ground running"
- Career that includes experience working at Michelin Star Restaurants and Luxury Hotel properties
- Working knowledge of restaurant finaancials, and the ability to manage costs and expenses, achieving all budgeted goals
- Experience in private dining, catering or banquets at the 4 Star/4 Diamond level or above (e.g. luxury hotel, fine dining restaurant)
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and digital (e.g.: POS Systems, Hot Schedules, events systems, financial reporting, etc).
- Demonstrated planning, administrative, organizational and time management skills are imperative
- Strong interest in and commitment to the company mission, purpose and principles
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to convey ideas and give and take feedback is key
- Culinary degree or college degree preferred but not required
- European travel or Luxury Property Experience and Fine Dining background is a plus but not required
Our client offers a competitive base, bonus incentive, healthcare benefits, PTO, parking, cell phone reimbursement, dining allowance and other perks. Qualified candidates please contact Ed Culleeney, Executive Recruiter, Strategic Hospitality Search via email@example.com or CLICK HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.