We are seeking a General Manager for one of the most respected restaurant groups in Chicago. It is the responsibility of the General Manager to oversee dual concepts within this group ensuring excellence is given to all guests by leading a “service focused” team by example with professionalism and pride.
The General Manager is accountable for all functions of dining room operations including but not limited to the following:
- Taking 100% ownership of dining room operations with a daily “in the trenches” approach to service
- Being hospitable, warm and approached to everyone at all times
- Being able to resolve conflict and guest complaints in a professional, diplomatic and empathetic manner turning negative situations into positive outcomes
- Hiring, training and schedule all FOH staff
- Creating a culture of learning for staff and instilling the importance of the restaurant’s’ commitment to local sustainable agriculture.
- Communication with the Special Events Coordinator to ensure private dining and events are flawlessly executed.
- At least 5 years of restaurant management experience in a chef-driven restaurant with both casual and upscale casual chef driven dining environments
- Working knowledge of restaurant financials, and the ability to manage costs and expenses, achieving all budgeted goals
- Ability to recruit, schedule, train and inspire staff
- Above average computer skills including POS systems, scheduling systems, spreadsheets, word processing, internet and email
- Ability to represent the company to and deal effectively with guests, vendors, media and other company contacts
- Strong interest in and commitment to the company mission, purpose and principles
- Demonstrated planning, administrative, organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, including ability to convey ideas, and give and tack feedback
The General Manager will enjoy a compensation and benefits package in addition to a competitive base salary. Only candidates whose resumes clearly demonstrate the set of requirements listed above will be contacted. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates, please send your resume and reference to Ed Culleeney, Executive Recruiter at Strategic Hospitality Search by CLICKING HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.