We are seeking a General Manager for a suburban restaurant and bar featuring live entertainment. The right candidate should possess an entrepreneurial mindset and treat the business as if it is their own. It is their responsibility to ensure the entire team is “service focused”, leading by example with professionalism and pride.
The General Manager is accountable for all functions of restaurant operations including but not limited to the following:
- Taking 100% ownership of restaurant operations with a daily “in the trenches” approach to the kitchen, bar and dining room
- Being hospitable, warm and approachable to guests and employees
- Being able to resolve conflict and guest complaints in a professional, diplomatic and empathetic manner turning negative situations into positive outcomes
- Hiring, training and scheduling
- Creating a culture of learning and development for all staff, but also being able to be direct enough to explain their strengths and weaknesses
- Communication with the Special Events Coordinator to ensure private dining, live music and events are flawlessly executed
- At least 5 years of restaurant management experience in a chef-driven restaurant with an upscale casual environment
- Strong knowledge of beverage operations and knowledge of beer to the point you are or could be a cicerone
- Working knowledge of restaurant financials, and the ability to manage costs and expenses, achieving all budgeted goals
- Entrepreneurial Spirit at heart, you run the restaurant as if it were your own
- Ability to recruit, schedule, train and inspire staff
- Above average computer skills including POS systems, scheduling systems, spreadsheets, word processing, internet and email
- Ability to represent the company to and deal effectively with guests, vendors, media and other company contacts
- Strong interest in and commitment to the company mission, purpose and principles
- Demonstrated planning, administrative, organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, including ability to convey ideas, and give and tack feedback
The General Manager will enjoy a compensation and benefits package in addition to a competitive base salary. Only candidates whose resumes clearly demonstrate the set of requirements listed above will be contacted. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates, please send your resume and reference to Ed Culleeney, Executive Recruiter at Strategic Hospitality Search by CLICKING HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to partner with our clients throughout the US to create cultures of excellence and to enhance the careers of our candidates. SHS provides expert talent acquisition and consulting services, empowering clients to develop a more aligned work environment resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. To learn why hospitality leaders and entrepreneurs call on SHS When Talent Matters Most, visit www.shs.jobs.