Our client is seeking a well-rounded, creative problem solver with high business acumen who is all about great service and exceeding the guest’s expectations. The General Manager will oversee all aspects of this high volume operation. Candidates should have a working knowledge of both front and back of the house controls as well as a strong knowledge of operations in this casual restaurant concept.
The General Manager will oversee developing and cultivating all front of house staff, assisting culinary team with back of house logistics, helping to provide an exceptional dining experience for all guests and build positive guest relations. The General Manager will be held accountable for COG’s, inventory, labor costs, training and maintaining service standards.
The RIGHT candidates must have these traits:
- High volume Management experience with a chef driven, scratch kitchen concept with a carry-out and delivery program knowledge a big plus
- Beverage Programs – you keep abreast of all the trends, know your cocktails, brands, local beers and have an in-depth knowledge of wine.
- Culinary – you are just at home in the back of the house, you have the knowledge and passion for food as if you were a Chef, could play the role if possible, but instinctively know you belong in the front of the house
- Outgoing and professional demeanor – you exceed the guests expectations and feel comfortable interacting with them – you are the “GM of the Shift” a quasi Maitre’d
- Strong Organization skills, working effectively with your hourly and management staff members
- Adaptable – you remain calm, you are focused and can influence and make changes quickly
- Hands on individual – you have the “do-whatever-it-takes” attitude to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Experience – you have 5 years high volume restaurant experience in front of house operations
- Business Acumen – you have background and understanding of budgeting, P & L management, labor, food and beverage costs and operational expenses
- Marketing – Thorough knowledge of all things social media, brand marketing and advertising
- Career Growth – you are excited about working with a Company that is growing quickly and you will definitely play a role in that growth
This position includes a competitive base salary, plus a bonus program and other top notch benefits. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates please send your resume and reference to Ed Culleeney, Executive Recruiter, SHS or CLICK HERE
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.