With a team of close to 6 Managers and over 75 employees with high sales volume, the General Manager position will be responsible and accountable for this location's continued financial success. As the General Manager you will have a strong focus driving this exciting food concept, with a never ending guest focus and an instinctive knowledge of financial profitability for this upscale restaurant. The General Manager needs to be passionate and an engaging representative of the company and a dedicated team builder who encourages autonomy.
The General Manager is accountable for all functions of dining room operations including but not limited to the following:
- Mentor outstanding guest service through deeds and actions
- A “hands-on” leadership approach with a majority of the work time being spent in the restaurants driving improvement
- Counsel and coach effective leadership and time management
- Ensure location is meeting company standards and safeguard that strategic choices reflect well on the brand
- Initiate opportunities for on-going professional education and development for managers
- Coach and support subordinate managers on unit level sales building and marketing initiatives
- Being known for outstanding training, accepting nothing short of complete and thorough follow through with all training tools
- Ensure the daily procedures and disciplines of shift management are adhered to by all management
- Work with the accounting department to ensure all daily, weekly and period accounting needs are met
- Ensure both employee and manager schedules are strategically sound and meet company guidelines
- Maintain a perfect facility.
- Relentlessly recruit and employ the type of individuals that will deliver great performance
- Cultivate a truly dynamic culinary culture that engages all management, front and back, to constantly develop and improve our food
- Challenge employees and management at all levels to develop ideas to improve the Restaurants experience and exceed guests’ expectations
- Ensure location exceeds sales and profitability targets
- Continually teach and offer analysis of unit P&Ls to achieve a thorough understanding of financials by all subordinate management.
The RIGHT candidates must have these qualifications and personality characteristics:
- A true passion for food, wine and culinary trends
- The ability to lead in a high stress environment without ever compromising on the necessity to treat all team members with courtesy, dignity and respect
- Experience within polished casual or fine dining concepts and at least 3 years’ experience in a General Manager Role
- High energy with a thorough focus on detail
- Personal characteristics that include humility, business maturity, integrity, self-confidence, resilience, creativity, collaborative influencing style and superior communication skills (both verbal and written)
- A great sense of humor
- Natural team building skills with a Leadership style that is enthusiastic and dynamic
- High intellect, analytical capability and acute business acumen
- Bachelor degree or higher is viewed as highly favorable or experience in the industry that equals or surpasses the education piece
This position includes a competitive base salary, bonus, health and other top notch benefits. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates please send your resume and references to Ed Culleeney, Executive Recruiter, at SHS or CLICK HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.