Our client, a Chicago Restaurateur is seeking a General Manager for their Classic Old World, upscale-casual restaurant. The right candidate should possess an entrepreneurial mindset and treat the business as if it is their own. The General Manager is responsible for managing daily operations, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, the General Manager oversees the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure exceptional dining experiences for all guests.
The General Manager is accountable for all functions of restaurant operations including but not limited to the following:
- Taking 100% ownership of restaurant operations with a daily “hands-on” approach to the dining room, bar and kitchen
- Being hospitable, warm and approachable to guests and employees
- Being able to resolve conflict in a professional, diplomatic and empathetic manner turning negative situations into positive outcomes
- Hiring, training, and scheduling of all FOH and BOH staff
- Creating a culture of learning and development for all staff
- Implementing structure and processes beneficial for business growth
- At least 5 years of restaurant management experience in a high-volume, upscale casual restaurant
- Strong knowledge of restaurant financials, and the ability to manage costs and expenses, achieving all budgeted goals
- Entrepreneurial Spirit at heart, you run the restaurant as if it were your own, partnering with owners
- Ability to recruit, schedule, train and motivate staff
- Above average computer skills including POS systems, scheduling systems, spreadsheets, word processing, internet and email
- Ability to represent the company to and deal effectively with guests, vendors, media and other company contacts
- Strong interest in and commitment to the company mission, purpose and principles
- Demonstrated planning, administrative, organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, including ability to convey ideas, and give and tack feedback
The General Manager will enjoy a compensation and benefits package in addition to a competitive base salary. Only candidates whose resumes clearly demonstrate the set of requirements listed above will be contacted. PASSIONATE, QUALIFIED, MOTIVATED candidates, please send your resume and reference to Cherryl Marcey, Account Executive at Strategic Hospitality Search by CLICKING HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to partner with our clients throughout the US to create cultures of excellence and to enhance the careers of our candidates. SHS provides expert talent acquisition and consulting services, empowering clients to develop a more aligned work environment resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. To learn why hospitality leaders and entrepreneurs call on SHS When Talent Matters Most, visit www.shs.jobs.