We are seeking a General Manager for a high volume, highly visible restaurant in Chicago. It is the responsibility of the General Manager to ensure excellence in all aspects of the operation so that excellent service is given to all guests by leading a service focused team by example with professionalism and pride. Keeping food and beverage quality bringing in excellent reviews and driving sales and income through operating are also critical to success in this position.
The General Manager is accountable for all functions of dining room operations including but not limited to the following:
· Taking 100% ownership of dining room operations with a daily “in the trenches” approach to service
· Being hospitable, warm and approached to everyone at all times
· Being able to resolve conflict and guest complaints in a professional, diplomatic and empathetic manner turning negative situations into positive outcomes
· Hiring, training and scheduling all FOH staff
· Creating a culture of learning for staff and instilling the importance of the restaurant’s’ commitment to quality
· Effectively coordinate with marketing to drive private parties and events
· At least 2 years of experience as a General Manager, Managing Partner, or Operating Partner of a high volume full service a la carte restaurant in a major metro area (preferably Chicago)
· At least 5 years of restaurant management experience in chef-driven, upscale dining environments
· Experience managing in an upscale lounge, night club, or beverage-heavy restaurant is a plus
· Proven self-starter who takes complete “ownership” of thriving operations, employees, and physical premises
· Working knowledge of restaurant financials, and the ability to manage costs and expenses, achieving all budgeted goals and effectively communicates financial positions to the ownership group
· Ability to recruit, schedule, train and inspire staff
· Above average computer skills including POS systems, scheduling systems, spreadsheets, word processing, internet and email
· Ability to represent the company to the media, deal effectively with guests, vendors, and other company contacts
· Demonstrated planning, administrative, organizational and time management skills
· Strong communication skills, including ability to convey ideas, give and take feedback
This is a rare opportunity to helm one of Chicago’s hottest concepts – year after year. The General Manager will enjoy a six figure compensation package plus benefits including a progressive bonus program. Only candidates whose resumes clearly demonstrate the qualifications listed above will be considered.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to partner with our clients throughout the US to create cultures of excellence and to enhance the careers of our candidates. SHS provides expert talent acquisition and consulting services, empowering clients to develop a more aligned work environment resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. To learn why hospitality leaders and entrepreneurs call on SHS When Talent Matters Most, visit www.shs.jobs.