We are seeking a General Manager for a Growing Quick Service Concept. This General Manager must have experience running all aspects of operations in both a coffee driven concept and a fast casual bakery/donut shop. This is a rare opportunity for a motivated professional to join a company that is well respected and renowned in Chicago. They are growing at a controlled pace and are looking to bring on motivated leaders to help share in their vision and growth.
The principals of this company are well-connected leaders and outstanding concept creators. They are well-capitalized and uncompromising – and they will only hire the best. The right candidate will be a leader who can raise the bar in service quality, teamwork, innovation, sales, and profitability.
The General Manager will report to the Operations Director and be held accountable for tracking, monitoring and analyzing sales trends, developing business plans for their location, monitoring all costs, SOPs, training and development of team members, performing weekly Q & A reviews, and managing distributors negotiations and sourcing ingredients always, maintaining consistency for their store.
Qualified candidates will have the following attributes:
- Entrepreneurial leader with 5 years of Food and Beverage Management experience with at least three years running a Coffee concept, or Bakery/Donut Shop or both of these concepts is ideal
- Degree in Culinary/Hospitality field, or the work experience to back it up
- High-energy, and thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to harness technology for maximum efficiency
- Ability to multi task and have a high level of business acumen, being able to understand the back of the house operation butted up with the business side of the front of the house
- Fast-paced and "on it" – able to sync unit and corporate strategies and, once approved, follow-through on execution without "hand-holding"
- Strong leadership skills – known for developing high-performance teams with references who will attest to your teaching, mentoring, developing, and cultivating skills
- Food and Beverage menu engineering expertise including costing, pricing, vendor negotiations, and staff training
- Strong culinary knowledge with a passion for and comprehension of contemporary food and beverage program trends
- Proficiency with POS systems and Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Perseverant and adaptable demeanor to all situations – composed and professional in chaotic settings
- Expert ability to create accurate budgets and forecasts, monitor revenue/sales, analyze real time financials, and efficiently direct operations based on analysis
- Builds positive and productive relationships internally and externally
- Experience navigating growth while maintaining operational excellence of all operations
The General Manager will enjoy a competitive base salary, benefits, and an opportunity to grow with this outstanding group. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates please contact Ed Culleeney, Executive Recruiter, SHS (Strategic Hospitality Search) by CLICKING HERE.
SHS practices THE CRAFT OF CURATING TALENT. SHS’s mission is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.