Our client, a fixture in it's Chicago neighborhood, is seeking a Floor Manager to maintain exceptional quality service and effectively support the team. Candidates should have a working knowledge of server, bar and host positions and a hands on attitude toward supporting the team.
The Manager will oversee developing and cultivating all front of house staff, helping to provide an exceptional dining experience for all guests and build positive relations with both. This position will report to the General Manager and family ownership.
The RIGHT candidates must have these traits:
· Upscale Casual Management experience with a chef driven, scratch kitchen concept
· Outgoing and professional demeanor – you exceed the guests expectations and feel comfortable interacting with them
· Proven leadership skills – you are a coach and a teacher who respects everyone
· Adaptable – you remain calm, you are focused and take direction from superiors
· Hospitable – you are warm, hospitable and approachable to everyone at all times
· Hands on individual – you have the “do-whatever-it-takes” attitude to provide an exceptional customer experience
· Create a culture of learning for new staff and instilling the importance of the restaurants’ commitment to quality and dedication to service
The RIGHT candidates must have these qualifications
· At least three years of restaurant management experience in a casual to upscale dining environment
· Ability to recruit, schedule, train and inspire staff
· Above average computer skills including POS systems, scheduling systems, spreadsheets, word processing, internet and email
· Strong communication skills, including ability to convey ideas, give and take feedback
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to partner with our clients throughout the US to create cultures of excellence and to enhance the careers of our candidates. SHS provides expert talent acquisition and consulting services, empowering clients to develop a more aligned work environment resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. To learn why hospitality leaders and entrepreneurs call on SHS When Talent Matters Most, visit www.shs.jobs.