The right candidate is a passionate, culinary leader who enjoys spending the majority of their time involved in production. He or she will work mostly at the commissary kitchen in support of a large staff of sous chefs and hourly employees. Quality control and team leadership are the highest priorities.
He or she will also support new recipe testing and development, managing a database of recipes with accurate cost analysis.
He or she will also be involved in the sales process, presenting tastings for interested clients.
Strong communication skills are important in order to effectively collaborate with the culinary, sales and operations teams.
- Advanced culinary degree/certification preferred
- Minimum 8 years of progressive culinary experience within the hospitality industry
- Advanced knowledge of F&B preparation, storage, sanitation and licensing requirements
- Strong project management skills from conception to completion, with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to deadline
- Proven leader with ability to inspire others to work toward a common goal; and reach their potential
- Hands-on management style that emphasizes direct involvement in the day to day operation
- Strong knowledge of financial management disciplines to include but not limited to P&L, budget design and management, and financial analysis
- Ability to identify and resolve issues and alert executive leadership to potential areas of liability
- Ability to manage confidential information and maintain its integrity
- Working knowledge of Spanish required – Fluency preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
- Effective verbal communication skills demonstrated through presentations and training
- Written communication skills demonstrated through specification documentation and other communications materials
- Highly motivated individual with ability to work in a face paced environment
- Ability to work daily with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with recipe management software highly desirable but not required
This position includes a competitive base salary, quality medical and dental coverage, plus other benefits and perks. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates please apply at www.shs.jobs or send your resume to Richard Ladd, Executive Recruiter, SHS by CLICKING HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to partner with our clients throughout the US to create cultures of excellence and to enhance the careers of our candidates. SHS provides expert talent acquisition and consulting services, empowering clients to develop a more aligned work environment resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. To learn why hospitality leaders and entrepreneurs call on SHS When Talent Matters Most, visit www.shs.jobs.