Our client, a one-of-a-kind event complex in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago is seeking an Event Sales Director to help build their business. This is a rare opportunity to work with a team of proven entrepreneurs, and this venue is destined for success. This is the first of its kind, as this group intends to expand the concept nationally. The business has been up and running for a year, but the ownership group wanted to work out the kinks before bringing on a talented Event Sales Director.
The ideal candidate will possess most or all of the following qualifications:
- Proven sales performance with experience selling events from 20 to 500+ to corporate groups, not-for-profits, social community, and associations
- Hunger to succeed with a strong will to win tempered with a servant-leader mindset
- Current relationships with meeting planners and movers/shakers in the Chicago market
- Comprehension of how to prepare and manage large events with attention to every DETAIL
- Superior organizational and communication skills, ensuring all parties are served through your courteous and timely communication – guests, clients, superiors, peers, event staff, vendors, suppliers, etc.
- Ability and desire to get involved in the community through chambers of commerce, CVB's, trade organizations, etc.
- Solid working knowledge of event food and beverage operations
- Sports background and enthusiasm a plus but not required
The Event Sales Director will enjoy a competitive base salary + commission arrangement that will get a solid producer into six figure territory. Qualified and motivated candidates please send your updated resume to Cherryl Marcey, Account Executive at Strategic Hospitality Search by CLICKING HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.