We are searching for a polished, organized, and creative Sous Chef for a world-class semi private club in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago. This is a hands-on “working Chef” position driving the culinary team to successfully execute in the full-service restaurant and banquets.
Attributes we’re seeking in qualified candidates include:
• Superior culinary skills rooted in classical technique with a wide repertoire of styles and global cuisine
• Passion for hospitality and providing memorable guest experiences
• Leadership and communication skills that inspire the F&B staff
• Menu development experience with the ability to produce stellar wine and beer-themed dining events
• Proven abilities as a trainer with a knack developing kitchen staff to performance excellence
• Ability to assist in culinary financials including budgeting, cost management (labor, food, beverage), purchasing, inventory, menu costing
• Experience in executing private dining and special themed events such as wine dinners and craft beer pairing dinners
• At least three years of culinary management experience, preferably with at least two years in clubs
• Positive attitude, professional demeanor, and ability to relate to guests and staff
• Excellent references from superiors, peers, and subordinates
• Culinary degree preferred but not required
• Sanitation certification required
In addition to the rewards of excelling in this position, the career opportunities with the resort’s successful and capitalized company are limitless. The Sous Chef will enjoy competitive salary, bonus incentive, healthcare coverage, 401(K) with Match, and paid vacation.
Sous Chef candidates who meet the qualifications and are looking for a rewarding career challenge, please send your resume to Cherryl Marcey, Account Executive at Strategic Hospitality Search by CLICKING HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. That is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.