Our Client, one of DC’s most respected hospitality companies, which specializes in Full -Service Custom Catering seeks an elite Executive Chef to drive creativity and operations during a period of significant growth over the next decade. We are searching for that rare talented culinarian who is driven by delivering consistently excellent results while motivating the team as an inspirational leader with entrepreneurial spirit.
This position requires a highly organized, detail-oriented professional with a true heart for hospitality. Qualified candidates will have a career history marked by proven success, especially in the following areas of skill, expertise, attitude and behavior:
- Superior hands-on culinary skills rooted in the fundamentals with experience in world cuisine, preferably at or above the AAA Four Diamond level
- Expertise in kitchen administration (purchasing, costing, scheduling, controlling expenses, budgeting, inventory, etc.)
- Ability to engineer menus from conception to implementation, consciously maximizing usage of all food purchased
- At least three to four years of experience with high volume upscale off-premise events
- Experience collaborating with event sales professionals to implement new menus and create custom menus, and to create “wow factor” with clients
- Executive-level cross-functional team experience
- Flexibility that stems from core values that value the team’s success before satisfying your personal motives
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and make good decisions in the heat of the moment
- Consistently use clear, concise communication with a willingness to give direction
- Pride of ownership in your team, your food and your service
- Happy-to-be-alive disposition with a leadership style that is one of a coach, advocate, a teacher who respects everyone
- Culinary degree preferred, or equivalent background and skills to back it up
The Executive Chef will enjoy a competitive base salary, quantified bonus incentive package, and a full complement of benefits. This is a rare opportunity to work with a seasoned leadership team to take an already-thriving business to new levels of success. QUALIFED AND MOTIVATED candidates please send your résumé and references to Edward Culleeney, Executive Recruiter, Strategic Hospitality Search by CLICKING HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.