Our Client, is a Contemporary Italian and French grazing style concept frequented by local residents in a renovated landmark space with a quaint suburban setting. The successful Chef will manage all back of house operations, will be an effective and respected mentor to their staff, knowledgeable in all aspects of food and labor costs, and a process oriented individual. This individual needs to be driven by delivering consistent excellent results while motivating the team as the “go to” leader who has untapped entrepreneurial spirit.
Qualified candidates will possess a career history marked with proven success, especially in the below listed areas of skill, expertise, attitude and behavior:
- Culinary skills rooted in the fundamentals with a strong background and knowledge of classic and contemporary French and Italian Cuisines.
- Passionate about the industry, what they do for a living, explore other restaurants and food venues, stay abreast of Food, Wine and Liquor Trends
- Expertise in Kitchen administration including; purchasing, costing, scheduling, controlling expenses, budgeting, and conducting inventories
- At least 3 years’ experience in a full service, casual, restaurant environment
- Flexibility that stems from the belief of valuing the team’s success before your personal motives
- Always able to stay calm under pressure and make good decisions in the heat of the moment
- Consistently use clear and concise communication with a willingness to give direction and be able to jump in and help at a moment’s notice
- Pride of ownership in your team, your end product, and your service
- A leadership style that is one of a coach, an advocate, and a teacher who respects everyone
- You have a culinary degree or can at least prove you have learned as much
This position includes a competitive salary, medical reimbursement, vacation and great work life balance with a dinner only concept. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates please send your resume and references to Edward Culleeney, Executive Recruiter, at SHS by CLICKING HERE.