Our client an iconic landmark restaurant noted for their energetic, casual and approachable cuisine is looking for a Top Notch Executive Chef. Ideal candidates must have, the PASSION of an independent plus the business mind of an organized systems-driven operator. This is a rare opportunity to work with an owner with a great reputation in the community, who wants to take the restaurant to a new level. The Executive Chef must have proven skills, abilities and experience in the following TEN critical kitchen leadership areas.
· Demeanor – You can relate to your staff, motivate and develop them for professional success
· Culinary – You are an expert in the classic and fundament techniques with an emphasis on New American, or Seafood and Steakhouse
· Worldly – you know the trends, familiar with sustainability and local, and who is doing what
· Leadership – You’re an advocate, a great coach, someone who respects everyone on your team
· Visible – You are on your feet, You are hands-on, you are not the “Office Chef”
· Well Equipped – You are smart, you can conceive and execute strategic plans, you can handle situations professionally and without pain
· Accountability – You are all about your team, your food, the quality and the service
· Experience – You have logged at least 5 years back of house supervisory skills
· Education – You have a degree in Culinary Arts or can at least prove you learned as much
· Humility – You know the guest and the team comes before your ego and you enjoy collaborating for the best result – rather than demanding it’s your way or else
This position includes a competitive salary plus an attainable bonus program and other benefits. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates please send your resume and references to Ed Culleeney, Executive Recruiter, SHS or CLICK HERE.