Our client, one of Chicago's most respected multi-concept operators, is seeking an innovative Chef to take the helm of a $10 Million operation. The restaurant does over 1,500 covers per week, with a Chef inspired, farm to table concept, with an innovative menu. The culture in the restaurant is excellent, with a culinary staff of over 50 plus three Sous Chefs, and a experienced Pastry Chef.
Primarily, we are looking for candidates who are highly functioning in the follow four areas:
- CREATIVITY – We are looking for someone with a passion for ingredients who has relationships with farmers because only the highest quality ingredients are acceptable. The innovative menu must be constantly updated using classical technique with a modern edge.
- LEADERSHIP – No temper tantrum Chefs allowed. The Chef will work with a high-functioning well-seasoned staff that is receptive to mentor ship. We are looking for a well-balanced leader who knows when to be on the line, when to be in the office, and who cares for their staff.
- ORGANIZATION – Running a James Beard Recognized restaurant, numerous events, and communicating effectively with five Chefs and 50+staffers requires a Chef who knows the business to greater and greater levels of excellence.
- FINANCIAL ACUMEN – Chef needs to know has to deliver a memorable experience to every guest while driving profits. A keen understanding of how to lead a high volume kitchen while managing labor, food, and other costs is critical to success.
There are many details in the official job description, and those will be covered with qualified candidates that are selected to interview.
Qualified candidates will have the following in their experience:
- Ability to functionally step into the role and "hit the ground running"
- Career that includes experience working under Michelin Star of James Beard recognized Chefs in innovative restaurant groups
- Expert upscale a la carte skills
- Experience in private dining, catering or banquets at the 4 Star/4 Diamond level or above (e.g. luxury hotel, fine dining restaurant)
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and digtial (e.g.: POS Systems, Hot Schedules, events systems, financial reporting, etc.
- Culinary degree or college degree preferred but not required
- European travel or culinary experience a plus but not required – especially Italy, Spain or France
Our client offers a competitive base, bonus incentive, healthcare benefits, PTO, parking, cell phone reimbursement, dining allowance and other perks. Qualified candidates please contact Ed Culleeney, Executive Recruiter, Strategic Hospitality Search via email@example.com or CLICK HERE.