Our Client a Premier and Well Respected Special Events Company seeks a creative Assistant Pastry Chef to help manage all aspects of pastry operations. This company has set the standards for elegant and innovative events for over 20 years, and needs a skilled and creative professional to keep their scratch cake, pastry, and baking production at their already high level of customer satisfaction, or with your talent take it up a notch. The Pastry Chef is highly creative and welcomes input and collaboration with new techniques and ideas.
The Assistant Pastry Chef will provide exceptional quality for both on and off premise events. Supporting and building the pastry team is a priority, while working under a collaborative, well rounded, passionate Pastry Chef mentor who will teach and guide you to be a talented leader.
Qualified candidates will have a career history marked by proven success especially in the following areas of skill, expertise, attitude and behavior:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in pastry kitchen supervision in a hotel, fine dining, catering, or high volume upscale bakery operation
- Associate's Degree or Accredited Certificate in the Culinary Arts with an emphasis on Baking and Pastry Arts
- Proficiency creating “show-stopping” occasion cake concepts that deliver on taste, texture, and presentation
- Cake skills must include decorating, fondant work, gum paste flowers, ribbon work, piping skills, stabilizing, stacking, and a variety of piping and frosting techniques
- Expert basic techniques such as mousse, ganache, sweet doughs, cupcakes, ice cream, sorbet, brittle, some chocolate confection skills, decorating shortbread cookies, and good knife skills
- Be on point with all current trends and techniques that are relevant with pastry and baking
- Good communicator, hands on manager, with the ability to perform all tasks assigned
- Help promote a fun environment where everyone gets along and respects one another
- Ability to step up and effectively manage when the Pastry Chef is not in the kitchen
- Strong collaboration skills with projects, ideas, and new techniques
- A good eye for quality and the ability to teach, guide, and motivate your team to produce with consistent quality and excellence
- Proficient time management skills and a sense of urgency when needed
The Assistant Pastry Chef will receive a competitive salary with a full complement of benefits. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates should contact Ed Culleeney, Executive Recruiter at SHS by CLICKING HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.