Our client, a respected local restaurant group, is adding to their leadership team. They are seeking an Assistant to the General Manager to maintain exceptional quality service in all aspects of this operation. Candidates must also have a very beverage knowledge as they will support the evolution of the wine list and manage the beverage program.
The Assistant General Manager will continually support development of the staff, helping to provide an exceptional hospitality experience and build positive guest relations. The position will report to the CEO and be held accountable for financial and service standards.
The RIGHT candidates must have these traits:
- Casual Management experience with a Restaurant and Bar background
- Outgoing and professional demeanor – you exceed the guests’ expectations and feel comfortable interacting with them
- Proven leadership skills – you are a coach and a teacher who respects everyone
- Adaptable – you remain calm, you are focused and take direction from superiors
- Hospitable – you are warm, hospitable and approachable to everyone at all times
- Hands on individual – you have the “do-whatever-it-takes” attitude to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Create a culture of learning for new staff and instilling the importance of the restaurants’ commitment to quality and dedication to service
- Career Growth – you are excited about working with a Company with a great culture and growing quickly
The RIGHT candidates must have these qualifications
- At least three years of restaurant management experience in a casual dining and bar environment
- Bar and Beverage Program knowledge is a plus
- Ability to recruit, schedule, train and inspire staff
- Above average computer skills including POS systems, scheduling systems, spreadsheets, word processing, internet and email
- Ability to represent the company to, and deal effectively with, guests, vendors, media and other company contacts
- Strong communication skills, including ability to convey ideas, give and take feedback
- A culinary degree is a plus or at least be able to prove you have learned as much
This position includes a competitive base salary, and other top notch benefits. QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates please send your resume and reference to Ed Culleeney, Executive Recruiter, SHS or CLICK HERE
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, caterers, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. This is why leaders call on SHS When Talent Matters Most. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.