Our client, one of Chicago’s most respected food and beverage operators, is seeking a SOUS CHEF to join their talented team. Headed by an energetic and hands-on Five Diamond Executive Chef, this culinary team produces high quality in a high volume setting. It is an entrepreneurial company growing rapidly with a real opportunity for your voice to make an impact. If you value a culture that inspires loyalty and challenges and variety in your daily assignments, THIS IS A GREAT PLACE FOR YOU!
This is an AM position, mostly M-F.
Qualified candidates will have the following experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and attributes:
• At least two years of culinary management experience in a high quality and high volume kitchen such as catering, hotels, banquets, upscale airline caterers or a high volume restaurant
• Experience in production of hot foods, cold foods, garnishes, and some pastry/bakery with oversight of a staff of 8 or more cooks
• Proven ability to cost menu items, manage food cost, and manage labor expense
• Leadership qualities that include training, talent development, and creating an inclusive and positive work culture
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with your team of cooks, the operations team, sales professionals, clients and guests
• Proven organizational skills for ordering, prep, and execution
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Culinary degree, certificate, or diploma preferred but not required
• City of Chicago and State of IL sanitation certification preferred but not required
The interview process will include a culinary practical for qualified candidates to demonstrate their superior cooking skills. The compensation package for this position includes a competitive base salary, bonus incentive, and benefits package including healthcare, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, FSA, and more.
If you meet or exceed the requirements for this position, we want to speak with you. Please send your resume and references today. Confidentiality assured! Relocation candidates welcome! EOE.
QUALIFIED AND MOTIVATED candidates please apply at www.shs.jobs or send your resume to Richard Ladd, Executive Recruiter, SHS by CLICKING HERE.
The mission of Strategic Hospitality Search (SHS) is to partner with our clients throughout the US to create cultures of excellence and to enhance the careers of our candidates. SHS provides expert talent acquisition and consulting services, empowering clients to develop a more aligned work environment resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. To learn why hospitality leaders and entrepreneurs call on SHS When Talent Matters Most, visit www.shs.jobs.