Chef with a Hands On/Take Charge Mentality
# JN -022017-1702
Chicago Metro Area, Illinois
Our client an emerging local restaurant noted for their energetic, upscale but approachable cuisine is looking for a Top Notch Chef Ideal candidates must have, the PASSION of an independent plus the business mind of an organized systems-driven operator. This is a rare opportunity to work with an organization with a great culture, great reputation in the community, and passionate about their concept and cuisine. The Chef must have proven skills, abilities and experience in the following TEN critical kitchen leadership areas.
- Demeanor – You can relate to your staff, motivate and develop them for professional success
- Culinary – You are an expert in the classics and fundamental techniques with an emphasis on Spanish Cuisine and Charcuterie techniques
- Worldly – you know the trends, familiar with sustainability and local, and who is doing what
- Leadership – You’re an advocate, a great coach, someone who respects everyone on your team
- Visible – You are on your feet, You are hands-on, you are not the “Office Chef”
- Well Equipped – You are smart, you can conceive and execute strategic plans, you can handle situations professionally and without pain
- Accountability – You are all about your team, your food, the quality and the service
- Experience – You have logged at least 3-5 years back of house supervisory skills
- Education – You have a degree in Culinary Arts or can at least prove you learned as much
- Humility – You know the guest and the team comes before your ego and you enjoy collaborating for the best result – rather than demanding it’s your way or else
SHS practices THE CRAFT OF CURATING TALENT. SHS’s mission is to transform excellence-driven companies that deliver a high degree of service in food and beverage verticals such as restaurants, hotels, manufacturers, and distributors. The Illinois-based agency provides expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide. They empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success by solving cultural challenges such as recruiting exceptional talent; defining organizational purpose; improving employee retention, engagement, and performance; implementing impactful communication practices; and much more. SHS artfully helps you develop a more aligned work environment, resulting in increased profitability and amplified innovation. To find out more, visit www.shs.jobs.