Transform excellence-driven companies.
Our mission is to transform excellence-driven companies by providing expert talent-acquisition for businesses nationwide.
At SHS, we empower leaders to achieve higher levels of success in solving cultural challenges in their industry. This includes, but is not limited to...
- Recruiting exceptional talent
- Defining organizational purpose
- Improving employee retention, engagement, and performance
- Implementing impactful communication practices
- Much more.
We artfully help you align your work environment by providing the right talent, which results in increased profitability and amplified innovation.
Organizations who understand, When Talent Matters Most, call on us.
Guiding Principles to Who We Are
Behind the What and the How of what we do is the Why – the guiding principles to who we are as a company.
- CARING: We have genuine concern for our clients, candidates, communities, and each other.
- FAITH: While we rely upon our methods and each other, we believe that God is sovereign over everything.
- INITIATIVE: We are enthusiastic, determined, and driven to provide efficient, expert solutions.
- RESPONSIBILITY: We are reliable to fulfill the commitments we accept.
- ETHICAL PRACTICE: We are respectful, truthful, and trustworthy in all we do.
Our values aren’t just buzzwords to us: they are the basis of our company culture and the motivation behind the thoughtful service we provide for our clients and candidates every day.
Quality Service. Exceptional Insight.
With years of experience in high quality service operations and exceptional insight into your company’s staffing needs and cultural challenges, our team will help lead your company into a new stage of success.
Founder & CEO
Joseph spent 15 years in leadership positions in hospitality operations before becoming a full-time executive recruiter in 2000. Joseph founded SHS in 2002 and has grown the business from a one-person outfit to a full team of dedicated experts. Along the way, he co-founded a private-label manufacturing company, became the Career Services Director at an elite culinary school, and made significant contributions to his community through non-profit ministry and trade organizations. Joseph studied Economics at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
As Founder and CEO of SHS, Joseph is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the agency run smoothly and efficiently. He guides his team of experts in empowering their clients achieve higher levels of success.
Runner at the Chicago Board of Trade, age 14
American Culinary Federation (ACF), Center for the Advancement of Foodservice Education (CAFE), Christian Business Fellowship (CBF), Research Chefs Association (RCA), Illinois Hotel and Lodging Association (IHLA), Institute of Food Technologists (IFT), Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity.
Administrative & Systems Specialist
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Leader, Administrative and Systems
Business Development Assistant
Assistant, Marketing and Social Media